This week’s guest is Jonathan Keyser. Jonathan is the Founder of Keyser, a commercial real estate firm, and the author of the Wall Street Journal #1 bestseller You Don’t Have to Be Ruthless to Win: The Art of Badass Selfless Service. Jonathan is also a keynote speaker and creator of the Keyser Institute, which trains and empowers future generations to selfless leadership.
Early in his career in commercial real estate, Jonathan found success. He didn’t like the cutthroat nature of the industry, however, and wanted to prioritize his values over his success. Jonathan then became a champion of conscious capitalism and wants to train others to do the same.
In this episode, Jonathan joins the podcast to talk about what it means to be “ruthless”, what changed his mindset about making money, and how kindness has a way of coming back around.
In this episode we cover the following topics with Jonathan:
- [2:53] Childhood for Jonathan Keyser and his early mindset on money
- [11:26] What does it mean to be “ruthless”?
- [15:45] People aren’t happy being ruthless
- [17:42] How people can bring Jonathan’s mindset into their own careers
- [22:50] Kindness will come back around
- [26:02] What is the Keyser Institute?
- [29:05] Examples of what Jonathan means by “service”
Where to Follow Jonathan:
- Website for Jonathan
- Keyser Institute
- You Don’t Have to Be Ruthless to Win: The Art of Badass Selfless Service, by Jonathan Keyser
Where to Find Dorothy:
Join the email list and have a donation made on your behalf to a featured non-profit. You can join here, where you will also find a listener survey to fill us in on how we can bring you the most value!
Follow Dorothy on Instagram @dorothyillson to keep up with episode premiers and all things Do Well and Do Good!